The Designated Safeguarding Lead is the person appointed to take the lead responsibility for safeguarding and child protection in school.
At Mabe School, the Designated Safeguarding Lead is Mrs Jules Jenkin (Headteacher) and the Deputy Safeguarding Lead is Mr Steve Cruse (Year 6 Teacher).
Mrs Jules Jenkins
Designated Safeguarding Lead
Mr Steve Cruse
Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Ensures safeguarding is at the heart of the school ethos and that all staff and volunteers know how to recognise, respond and report any concerns.
- Liaise with parents, staff on matters of safety and safeguarding when deciding whether to make a referral.
- As required liaise with the Multi Agency Referral Unit (MARU) regarding any concerns.
- As required, liaise with the local authority is a concern has arisen regarding a member of staff or an adult in school.
- Act as a source of support, advice and expertise for parents and staff.
Mabe Primary School is an Operation Encompass School.
Operation Encompass is the reporting to schools, prior to the start of the next school day, when a child or young person has been exposed to, or involved in, any domestic incident.
Operation Encompass ensures that a member of the school staff, known as a Key Adult, is trained to allow them to liaise with the police and to use the information that has been shared in confidence. This enables us to make provision for possible difficulties experienced by children, or their families, who have been involved in, or exposed to, a domestic abuse incident.
Our Key Adult is Mrs Jules Jenkin